Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello from Snowy Central Illinois

















Yes I know it has been a very long time since I have blogged! I must apologize! Too busy with working, being mommy to 2 kids and TRYING to maintain a somewhat clean house! It is almost impossible for me to manage! Oh well- I don't want to miss a minute of the kids growing up so it can all wait!



We got about 15 inches of snow Tuesday night-biggest snowstorm in 20 years here! I love being snowed in at home. It was a treacherous drive home on Tuesday but we made it. Thank goodness work closed early or we would have been stranded because they closed the interstate. Bradyn and I spent some time outside Wednesday-only about 30 minutes because it was sooooo cold-only 18 degrees-brrrr! I was disappointed because the snow had a layer of ice on top so it was impossible to make a snowman and a snow angel. Bradyn prefers to "scoop" snow instead of sled riding. Santa brought him a sled and shovel. He's only been on the sled twice! Our neighbor plowed our driveway open for us or we would still be shoveling!



Brenna is growing like a weed. Time seems to go so much faster with the 2nd child. She is 6 1/2 months old and has 4 teeth already. She sits up pretty well and is such a good baby. She LOVES to watch Bradyn and snuggle with him. She started swim lessons The beginning of January and loves the water! I was really surprised! She is not much of a baby food eater. She prefers her milk! She was 16 lbs 3.2 oz (50%) and 27 inches (87%) at her 6 month check up. She is tall like her daddy!



Bradyn will be 4 soon :( He told me a few weeks ago that when he is 20 he will still be my baby! I am holding him to that! He loves his sis and loves to entertain her. Now that she can sit up on her own he loves to sit and play with her on the floor. He is the BEST big brother! He is learning so much at school and is Mr. social bug. Can't take that kid anywhere without him knowing someone and he's only 3 1/2! (He gets that from his daddy!) He also told me one day that he wants to marry me when he gets older! He cracks me up! Him and Bob went to the Monster Truck show last night and Bradyn LOVED it! It was good bonding time for the 2 of them. Bradyn's mouth ran a mile a minute when he got home to tell me all about it. I have never been to one. Next year we plan on taking him to the one in St. Louis! It is a much bigger show. He even got a monster truck at the show last night and that's all he's been playing with today. He has set up his race cars and is running over them with the truck just like at the show!



I hope that you enjoy the abundance of pictures and I promise I will TRY to do a little better with keeping up with my blog!

No comments: