Saturday, September 12, 2009

God has a plan

This is very difficult for me to write but I think that it may help a bit with my healing process if I can express myself in writing. Bob and I found out that we were expecting baby #2 a few weeks ago and were ecstatic of course to give Bradyn a sibling. Bradyn was very excited too and kept saying that he had a baby in his belly just like Mommy. Too cute. Well I went in for a sono on Thursday and got horrible news that there was no heartbeat. There was definitely a baby there but no heartbeat. Of course the tears just started flowing from Bob and I both. I am thankful that he went with me. The doctor was very sincere and he had a very long discussion with us. I am thankful that I have such a caring and compassionate physician. I was 9 weeks along but the baby only measured to be 7 weeks and 3 days so the baby had passed about a week and a half ago. We are heartbroken. I had a D&C on Friday and I am thankful that I was able to have it done right away instead of waiting through the weekend. It has been a horrible few days for us. Physically I feel fine but emotionally I am a mess.



I know that God has a plan for us and I pray to him that he can help us through this difficult time and help to heal our pain. I would not wish this on anyone. It is a horrible thing to go through. It is difficult to understand why these things happen and only God knows why.



I am trying to keep myself busy and having Bradyn around is a great distraction for me. I thank God everyday for giving us him because he has brought so much joy to our lives. I hope that in time we will be able to move on and that God will give us another healthy child someday.



Please keep us in your prayers. I pray for all the women out there that have gone through this. I thank God everyday for giving me a loving and supportive husband and a beautiful child. If anyone has any advice on how to cope with this please let me know.

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I am so sorry to learn of your news. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying for healing.