Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Swine Flu







Yes, the swine flu has hit our home and has been awful. It has knocked poor Bradyn off of his feet since last Wednesday. It has been a rough road but I think that we are on our way to recovery- FINALLY! His temp has been as high as 103.7 which is scary. I was VERY close to taking him to the ER last Thursday because I thought he was dehydrated but then he started to drink again for me. Saturday he woke up with no symptoms and was acting totally normal so Bob and I went to the wedding that we planned to go to. Bob and I have only been out 4 times now by ourselves since we had Bradyn so we were happy we were able to go. We had a good time and Bradyn loved his sitter. It was one of his old daycare teachers that doesn't work there anymore.



However, on Sunday he had a relapse and woke up with a fever again. The literature on swine flu says that if kids have a relapse they are to go to the ER so off we went. What a joke that was! The doctor told us what we already knew- rest, fluids, Tylenol/Motrin and monitor his breathing. FRUSTRATING needless to say.



He had not eaten since SAT lunch until last eve. Today he woke up and ate cereal and lunch so we are on our way to recovery. However, he still has a fever and is a little fussy and now I have a sore throat and fever. UGGGHHH!



He was to get his regular flu vaccine today but that is on hold until his temp is gone which I am praying that by Thursday he is better. He missed his first field trip to the pumpkin patch today and Thursday is his Halloween party so I hope he is better then.



I am posting some pics from our family trip to the pumpkin patch. Enjoy! Hopefully by the next post we are all healthy again!

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I am sorry about Braydn. Arlington has it too! We had 93 kids absent from our school out of 269, so that wasn't so great.