Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time Flies

Wow, this past week went fast! Sometimes there just isn't enough time in a day!! Sunday, Bob put Bradyn's new toddler bed together and Bradyn was very excited to sleep in his new "big boy bed." He did great Sunday and Monday and it has gone down hill since!! He has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming "my mommy, my mommy" over and over again at the top of his lungs! When I go in his room his is standing at the doorway and refuses to get back in his bed. So when it 2 am I will do just about anything to get my sleep! We have been sleeping on the floor! I will sometimes sneak back to my bed after he falls asleep but it is getting old very quickly! Bob went in one night and Bradyn wanted only mommy. One night I let him cry for 45 minutes and it didn't stop until I went in his room. So if any of you mom's have ANY suggestions for getting over this please let me know.

Wednesday was his last swim class for this session. He has really been doing well. We signed him up for the next session which starts in June. Bradyn and I had a lot of errands to do on Wednesday- we were in the car more than we were at home. Of course it had to be the day that it was POURING down rain all day! Not fun. We did our grocery shopping today.

We are leaving for vacation on Tuesday- YEAH! We are headed to NY for a wedding and sightseeing. I am so excited. We are driving so that will be a challenge for Bradyn . It's a 15 hour drive that we will split in to 2 days. Bob is in the wedding- his college roommate is getting married. Should be fun. I will post when we get back.

Enjoy the pics!




1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I had a similar issue with the bed with Arlington (but not quite to this level). What we did is at first I sat in the room next to her. Then next I sat in a chair close to the bed. then I sat near the door. Then I stood in the door. Then I was out.
I know you let him cry for 45 minutes, but he may need to do that for a few nights just to get him over the hump. I wonder what he is afraid of. What about a night light?
Poor little guy. He will come around - they all do!
Have fun on your vacation! One of these times you will have to come just a tad further and come and visit us!