Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Bradyn!







It's official that Bradyn is no longer a baby he's now a toddler! He turned 2 on Thursday! It is so hard to believe! Wow how time flies- seems like yesterday that I had him! I still recall that very special day that he was born and will cherish it forever. He has brought us so much joy and love! He of course will ALWAYS be my baby. I ask him whose baby are you and he says "Mommy's baby!"
I got him the cutest cake to take to daycare on Thursday- it was an elmo cupcake cake with cool icing on it. He wore his elmo shirt and looked so cute! He was so excited to go to school. He really had a good day there and I got to pick him up a little early because I left work early. He was walking in from playing outside with 8 little girls! It was so cute he was holding their hands! He was the only boy! He was so excited to see me.

When we got home Bob's parents had just arrived. Bradyn was excited to see them too but was a little shy at first. It sure did not take long for him to warm up though. We celebrated a little that evening with the leftover cupcakes and he opened some of his gifts. Thanks to our family for all the wonderful presents. It was so cute every time he would open something he would say "Oh my!" Too funny!

Friday we spent the day shopping which was a lot of fun except that it was cold and rainy half the day. We took Bradyn for an Easter egg hunt on Saturday- it took a little while for him to catch on and then he was totally into it! He kept saying "more eggs". He got to see the Easter bunny there and surprisingly was not scared. We came home then and I finished his elmo cake. It turned out great! I could be a professional cake decorator (ha ha). We then went shopping at the toy store. We got Bradyn a kitchen and a toddler bed. I am anxious to see how he does in that. We colored Easter eggs when we got home and Bradyn had so much fun with that! He would dip his WHOLE hand in the cup to get the egg out!

Sunday we went to church and then made dinner at home. We had an egg hunt for him . It was very cold but he had fun. We then had his official birthday party. It was fun.

Unfortunately, Bradyn and I both ended up with colds from being outside on Sunday. We are both miserable. On Monday, Bob's parents went home and we were back to work. Bradyn did not want to got to daycare this week. Both days he said to me "No work Mommy" Talk about breaking my heart! I think it was a combo of not feeling well and having me home with him 3 days in a row. Today, he has his 2 year checkup so I am anxious to see how that goes and then swim lessons tonight. I will post a few pics now and then put up a slide show later so check back!











No comments: