Friday, April 10, 2009

WOW What a Week




I am sorry for the missed postings but it has been wild here! I will go back to my last posting- we had taken Bradyn to swim lessons on wed. While there he was really rubbing his eye and when we got home and after he had his bath I noticed that he had some drainage from his eye. Well, Thursday morning he woke up with a red swollen crusty eye! Poor guy! I was pretty sure that it was pink eye but I have never had it before so I was 100% sure. Well, I called into work and got him a doctor appt that morning. About 10 minutes after I called the doctor he started acting really fussy and lethargic and fell asleep in my arms which NEVER happens! So I knew something was up. I asked him what was wrong and he said his ear hurt- OH NO! So when we got to the doctor's office they checked his ears also and he had bilat ear infections and pink eye. The kid was MISERABLE! I felt so bad for him- he has never been so sick before. The doctor said that the one eardrum was ready to burst. Poor guy. So he got some antibiotics for ears and eye and he pretty much wanted to be held all day. Finally by 6 that night he was starting to play again. Friday his eye looked better and he had no fever so off to daycare he went.




I guess he was feeling so well on Friday that he decided to bite another child again not once but twice! OH my! I hope that is the end of it. That evening we went to the hockey game. Last time we were there Bradyn would not sit still so we weren't sure how this was going to go. He was great the entire game. He danced to the music and actually sat still for most of the game. After it was over he didn't want to leave- he kept saying "more hockey"




Saturday, we went grocery shopping and Bradyn was still talking about hockey. I told him that if the team makes the playoffs we will go see another game. I really miss not having our season tickets.




Sunday, we went to church and I got a lot of cleaning done around the house. Monday was back to work and then we had some trouble! We got home from work and Bob was going to the basement for me to get something out of the freezer and found about 3 inches of water in the basement! What a mess! So he discovered that our 3 month old sump pump decided to quit working and went to get another one. I decided to call the insurance company thinking I probably wouldn't reach anyone but it turns out that they have a 24 hour call center. So they recommended having someone come out to clean the basement to prevent mold and mildew. Bob got a new pump put in and by the guys showed up to clean the basement the water was gone so they sprayed it down and left a bunch of fans and dehumidifiers down there to dry it out. Now our basement needed cleaned out but this was not the way I wanted to do it!. We thought we were good to go until Tues morning when Bob got up and discovered that the hot water heater pilot lite was out and couldn't get it to relight because it was wet. So I had to call a plumber. We didn't know anyone so normally I would ask around at work for a recommendation but we needed someone in a pinch so I just opened the phone book and called the first add that I saw! I figured I had a 50/50 chance! Not really how I like to do things but not much of a choice at this point. So Bob took off work that afternoon and the plumber came only to tell us he recommended and new one! Turns out that he was a really nice guy so I did pretty good with my selection. He came back out on Wed to install the new one and the guys came back out to finish cleaning the basement since it was dry. It all worked out and our basement is cleaner than it was when we moved in!!




Yesterday was Bradyn's 2 year birthday so I will make a separate post on that as soon as I get his pics downloaded!

1 comment:

mpletcher said...

I am sorry to hear he has been so sick. Poor little guy! I am glad things are getting better.

And 2! Happy birthday!