Sunday, December 21, 2008

COLD ILLINOIS



WE have had our low temps set in. UGH! It was minus 3 when we got up and hasn't warmed up much since. The wind is unbelievable. We had a few blinks in our power today but we are lucky so far! We had a horrible ice storm here Thurs night into Friday. I missed work due to the weather and Bob went in later. Bradyn and I hung out at home and got some more chores done. That kid LOVES to help me clean. I hope that continues!

Saturday, Bradyn and I finished up my Christmas shopping and Bob did his. He always waits til the last minute to START!! We then went to see the Christmas lights in the evening. Bradyn sure loved them. Some of the lights were out because of the ice storm but it was still nice.

Today we stayed inside due to the low temps. A lot of churches cancelled due to the temps but ours didn't but we didn't go. We are getting packed for our trip and lots of last minute things to do.

I am off to work tomorrow and then a nice and much needed vacation ahead! Yeah!! Have a great week!

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

Wow - you did have cold weather! We are cold here too - I am starting to miss the south....just a little. :)

I didn't get your email about Christmas. Email me again! jenniferpletcher@gmail.com