Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mischieveous child and sick cat











It has been a very busy week. Bob got home Thursday (thank goodness)! I had sick cat all week to take care of and a child that has been into everything!! He's not even 2 yet!! Belle had been very sick and so Bradyn and I took her to the vet on Wed. This is the first time he has gone with me because I usually make those trips on Saturdays so Bob can babysit but this time I had no choice. The vet thought that maybe she had a virus but she could have eaten something she shouldn't have also (which she has been known to do on several occasions!) so we opted to try an anti-emetic and appetite stimulator because she had not been eating and lost a lb. Then off we went to my foot doctor to see the nurse for a follow up from my surgery. I will post a pic of my foot later. It is healing well and feeling much better-finally.


When we got home I gave Belle her meds and she didn't fight me too much. On Thursday morning I gave her the meds and she began foaming at the mouth so I of course was scared to death that something was majorly wrong with her so I called the vet. As I waited for a call back Bradyn decides that he needs to imitate the cat and spits his milk out all over his shirt and onto my tile floor and then took his little hands and rubbed it into my floor! Oh was I mad! I am already late to work by this point! Anyways the vet calls back and tells me this is a normal reaction to giving cats meds (???)

Anyways, Friday she was finally acting normal again and eating on her own. Thank goodness! She is back to her normal self again. I was really worried about her. Bradyn decided to get into my hand cream one night this week while I was in the shower. When I got out I heard him say "uh oh, oh no no no" and he was hiding under my comforter. His one hand was coated in white hand cream and he said "oh no wash!"

Saturday, Bradyn got to meet Santa! While we were waiting in line we asked him if he was going to sit on his lap and he said "NO" so we watched the other kids go and sit on his lap and by the time we got there he did fine- he wasn't so sure at first but did just fine. He says "Santa and Ho Ho Ho" every time he sees him! We then went to dinner- what an experience that was. Bradyn decided he was not sitting in a high chair so we got him a booster seat which was fine until the end of dinner when he managed to make his seat fall off the chair with him in it- he hit the floor with a big THUD. Bob gathered him up and he didn't even cry. Thank goodness he was not hurt but everyone in the restaurant hurt him fall! (those booster seats should have straps on them to tie them down)- next time we will be sitting in a booth with the booster seat!


He came home with an "ouch report" from daycare this week. He and his little friend were sitting the teacher's rocking chair and bumped heads and he ended up with a black and blue eye! Poor guy. We finished up our Christmas shopping last night and then went to church today.


Enjoy the pics and have a great week.

2 comments:

UtahWarehouse said...

Sounds like a busy week!! Bradyn looks so grown up in his sweater by the tree! We miss you all!
Love, Michele

PletcherFamily said...

All I can say is....

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.